I've plugging away with a custom firmware for the past few months, trying to keep all the general functionality as-is, but adding some useful features. I added a few more past couple days, try it out if you're adventurous!
nb: back your SD card up before you load this. It's very much a work in progress, though I haven't seen any major bugs yet. All your files should load but new data written may not work with the old firmware.
Here's a quick rundown of the new options:
- copy single tracks between patterns
- switch patterns on step instead of bar
- mod wheel input controls morph
- change preset with MIDI Bank Change (there is a global option to change kit or 'performance' data type)
- performance and 'all' data types now include morph parameters when saved
- individual drum voices can be loaded from other kits (also via MIDI with Bank Change to their assigned channels)
- patterns can be scaled per track - up to 128 bars
- track step positions can be realigned during play by re-selecting current pattern
- trigless automation locks (no trig, automation only when velocity=0)
Again, I've tried to keep all other functions the same - with the exception that I've changed the MIDI CC assignments. The way they were assigned in .34, nothing could be set to the Mod Wheel. All the MIDI parameter controls are still there, but they are per-channel. This also means no more NRPN's, but if you have a lot of CC assigns in your sequencer, this firmware might not be for you.
The details and download are here:http://www.brendanclarke.com/files/LXR/
I'll try and make a video rundown of the features and how I've been using them over the weekend.
If you find any bugs or think of something that would be a useful addition, let me know and I'll work on it!