Help me understand SUB STEPS

edited May 2016 in General
Hi
I am reading manual and cant understand how substeps work, or how can i play them?
How can i get into substep?
Lets say:
I put drum1 Kik on every 4 beat
So how can i get into substep from there for step 1 ,5,9,13.?

Comments

• wow, the forum got quiet!

maybe you've figured this out by now, but just in case :D

Internally, the LXR is a 128-step sequencer that runs at a default rate of 32 steps per quarter note - 8 steps per 16th note. 16x8=128. 16 'main' steps, each with 8 'sub' steps. The 16 sequencer buttons set the FIRST step of each set of 8.

If you have 'set' a main step from the sequencer step buttons, the grid for the whole 16th note (all the sub-steps) looks like this:

>| x |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |<

You can see this pattern - if you are in voice mode, and set a 'main' step on the sequencer buttons, pressing 'shift' will show you this on the 8 led's above the 'part' buttons (labeled, for voice mode, as OSC, AEG, etc.).

You can set and un-set substeps for the currently selected main step by pressing the 'part' buttons either:
    1. When you are in voice mode and 'shift' is held
    2. When you are in 'SEQ' mode

You can also record to them via the roll function or external MIDI if quantize is set low enough.

Hope that helps!
  • (...)You can also record to them via the roll function or external MIDI if quantize is set low enough.
    (...)
    Good to read this.. Haven't known that you can change the Quantization. Maybe that's why the notes don't stay when I'm playing them in with an external keyboard. Thanks