Penrose buttons problems

Hello!
I have a problem with my kit. I have discovered this problem after inserting the Penrose into the bus board, simply none of the button leds (but not single green led) lights up. The orientation is correct, same for atmega and the others.
Any suggestion?

Comments

• could you post a high res photo of the boards?
    sure you put the 10 ohm resistors in the right place? any higher value and the LEDs won't light up.

so a single green led is lit but nothing else? Is this the button LED or the gate out LED?
    do the buttons work?
    is the module working in general just without light?

• edited July 7
    Hi, thanks for reply!
    The only working led is the "gate out", and yes I haven't calibrated yet but signals are ok.
    But the button section seems totally not working.
  • edited July 11

@ValerioPnet said:
    Hello!
    I have a problem with my kit. I have discovered this problem after inserting the Penrose into the bus board, simply none of the button leds (but not single green led) lights up. The orientation is correct, same for atmega and the others.
    Any suggestion?

I had/have a similar issue - only the green LED was lit when I first plugged it in.

I can get it to boot up into firmware update mode and can successfully update it. Now the LED buttons light up but they all go out once I plug in cables to the CV or trigger inputs. I've checked power rails, continuity, caps aren't touching the top board etc. I even replaced the fuses with 10r resistors and swapped the TL072.

Mine was from a Synthcube kit - have emailed them asking the same thing. I have successfully built a Penrose in the past.

I'm wondering if there is an issue with the Atmega chip?